“Morgan” at http://booknvolume.com/2013/08/13/thrilled-beyond-comprehension/ has given me a wonderful tribute by nominating me for “The Versatile Blogger Award” and “I Am Part of The WordPress Family Award”. I cannot begin to express my gratitude to all of my fellow bloggers; a community that I have enjoyed and even though the numbers are many, I recognize each of them when they pop up in my emails. Although a (closet) writer of short stories for years, for the past three years I begin to express myself through poetry. My work may not be textbook; nonetheless, it is me, my thoughts, my emotions at the moment of the first draft. It has been you “My Community” that has encouraged me to continue striving to improve to “put” myself out there and try to market my published work. My heart is filled with gratefulness, thank you Morgan for this honor.
Of course like Morgan said, there are a few rules that go with the nomination (If you are nominated but do not wish to comply I will understand and you are under no obligation):
Display the Award Certificates on your blog.
Announce your win with a post. Make sure you post a link back to me as a ‘thank you’ for the nomination.
Present 15 awards to 15 deserving bloggers.
Leave them a comment to let them know after you have linked them to a post.
Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
Seven Things about Me: (If there is anything left for you to know as my work is me and I am my work)
1. I live in Wisconsin, a transplant from Alabama in 1966 (many of you were not even born then).
2. I am a loner, and have been all of my life; I do socialize when necessary.
3. When my boys were growing up, I coached both soccer and flag football; I also coordinated three city football leagues 12 to 14 year olds.
4. I exercise daily, yep at my age; and not too long ago in a marathon.
5. My recent most favorite movie “The Hours”.
6. My family on my father’s side is Native American; my mother was English and Irish.
7. In high school I painted scenery for school plays.
Here are my nominations for The Versatile Blogger and I Am Part of The WordPress Family Awards! All of my community deserve these awards, but alas I must pick only a few.
1. dcardiff http://dcardiff.wordpress.com
2. William Hooper http://livingwithadhd.me
3. Andreas Ignotus http://andreasignotus.wordpress.com
4. Martian Poet http://itspoet.wordpress.com
5. violetski http://violetgallery.wordpress.com
6. Ar Vhee http://metarvheenoia.wordpress.com
7. kwicksand http://ctcgriv.wordpress.com
8. Michael Lai http://retireediary.wordpress.com
9. Jon Petruschke http://www.bashoandjung.wordpress.com
10. The Mouse http://l2ee2l.wordpress.com
11. Jamie Dedes http://musingbymoonlight.com/
12. davidionel http://davidionelromulus.wordpress.com/
13. totalovrdose http://totalovrdose.wordpress.com
14. richardankerswrites http://richardankerswrites.wordpress.com
15. The Dimwit Diary http://thedimwitdiary.wordpress.com
Again thank you to Morgan and all of my community, you are all winners.